Race Gas!!

3 replies to this topic
  • Rokatt88

Posted February 04, 2003 - 03:22 PM

Has anybody tried running VP Ultimate 4 Race Gas in their Pig? I have a Pig Bud who also rides a CRF450R. He has started running the Ult. 4 in it. He also just put a Big Gun exhaust on it. As you can imagine, it goes like stink. The cool thing is my pig hangs right in there in aceleration and I still have the top end :) We are set to go riding this coming weekend and I was thinking of using some Uber Gazz :D to juice things up a little bit. I know that it makes a difference in his CRF. Have any of my Pig Bro's run this stuff and does it make a diff. in the BIG RED PIG? Arrr Arrr Arrr! :D

• bigtom17

Posted February 05, 2003 - 08:50 AM

Don't do it. Unless you have a high compression piston and stuff, dont do it. I tried the race fuel once and evenutally dumped it all in the truck to get rid of it. 92 octane runs best! The stuff I bought was from the Moto shop I think it was 104 or 109.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rokatt88

Posted February 05, 2003 - 02:51 PM

From what I understand about VP Ultimate 4, it's not super high octain. It was formulated just for 4 strokes. I have ridden my bud's CRF450R with pump gas and Ult. 4 and I can tell a difference. Hmmmm....we'll see how much extra jingle I can scrounge and maybe I'll try some out this weekend and report back to Thumper Central. It's a nasty job but someone has to do it! :)

• qadsan

Posted February 05, 2003 - 03:04 PM

One of Bruce Ogilvie’s tips on things American Honda discovered or learned was...

"A stock XR650 will run better on pump gas than a high-octane race fuel, which needs a higher com­pression ratio to be effective. (All gas in the Honda pits is Chevron 92- or VP 93-octane unleaded.) "

Here's the info in its entirety...
http://www.xr650r.ne...uce_ogilvie.htm

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.