Help - wire connecter

1 reply to this topic
  • AZWR426

Posted July 21, 2002 - 09:39 PM

I am finally doing the famous gray wire mod and agree with the idea of releasing the wire from the connecter rather than cutting it. But, I am trying with a small screw driver,paper clip etc. and I just can't get it to release. I have been inside the connecter and I don't know if you lift the tab inside or if you jam the tool in the connecter to push down a tang on the metal contact or what. Thanks in advance, Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWR426

Posted July 21, 2002 - 08:07 PM

I got it!!!! But if I had to ask I'm sure others did too. It works best to use a paperclip between the little tab and the metal conductor to push the tab AWAY from the conductor and at the same time push on the conductor with a small screwdriver to slide it out of the insulator. For what it's worth.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.