WR450 CDI BAD ????

5 replies to this topic
  • utvols

Posted February 04, 2003 - 02:52 PM

Put the YZF jetting in the bike tonight and started it up to the same stumble as before. Just for grins I unplugged the TPS like the guys on the 250 forum are doing to check the CDI on their bikes and lo and behold the bike runs great. Then I pulled the tank and reconnected the grey wire to see what effect it would have. With the TPS and grey wire connected the bike ran like crap. Unplugged the TPS again and the bike runs good but not as good as the grey and TPS disconnected. After reading numerous post on the 250 side I feel my CDI box is toast.

Any Ideas? :)

• xr600r

Posted February 04, 2003 - 03:15 PM

no idea....but hopefully its not a big deal. :)

• WR250fla

Posted February 04, 2003 - 03:31 PM

One time I had a stumble like that and it turned out to be the spark plug. I started using the NGK iridium plugs after that.BTW have you be running the gray wire disconnected?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ckulzer

Posted February 04, 2003 - 03:39 PM

Utvols - on page 2 of this forum, there is a thread called "WR450 Manuals are Here". I think one of them is the service manual. That may have some troubleshooting info that you can use. I am new to this, so forgive me if I have stated the obvious. I enjoyed your jetting info. I can't wait for the call from my dealer.

• MarkInOhio

Posted February 05, 2003 - 03:37 AM

Did you try to adjust the TPS yet? It's covered in the manual. I have suggested this on the 250 side but it has fallen on deaf ears. Seems like it would be worth a try since the problem goes away when you unplug it.

• utvols

Posted February 05, 2003 - 04:41 AM

Yeah I checked the TPS per the manuel with no effect.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.