2000 WR400 help

1 reply to this topic
  • Usedup

Posted January 18, 2009 - 03:39 PM

I need a little quick help here riders. I ran across a 2000 WR 400 that has not been started in over a year. The story is the gas tank is cracked at a seam across the top. Prior to this the bike had a top end rebuild by the local dealer since the original owner never cleaned the air cleaner and trashed the engine. This current owner said he had put only 10-12 hours before the tank cracked and has been in his garage since. Is there anything in particular that I should look for? Are there any generic issues? Also, which aftermarket tank seems to fit up the best. I have no experience with these bikes so all input will be appreciated. BTW I haven't seen the bike in person yet. Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted January 18, 2009 - 08:29 PM

on my 2001 wr 426 i have an ims tank. fits very well. the only thing is that i had to buy a yz seat as well because of the fact it was a yz tenk. it slimed out the bike as well. very happy with it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.