2008 yz450 SE Head pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • YZ450RDR

Posted January 18, 2009 - 02:10 PM

Purchased a SS head pipe to replace the Titanium one I creased. The SS pipe seems to have a larger diameter piece going into the muffler and will not fit also the flange going into the head is different as well it's concave instead of flat. Here is the part# of the SS head pipe GYT-2S293-50.

Did I receive the wrong pipe? Is this the right part#? Why wont it fit?

• grayracer513

Posted January 18, 2009 - 07:25 PM

That's an incomplete part number. If you read it of a tag or a box, it is probably a 2S293-50-00

Note that that's a replacement header for a complete system, not a header for a stock exhaust, and that the replacement muffler assembly, 2S293-01-SS, "does not fit the stock head pipe", indicating the two are not the same size.

• YZ450RDR

Posted January 18, 2009 - 07:47 PM

Thanks for the clarification grayracer513. Do you know if they make an SS replacement header for the stock exhaust?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 18, 2009 - 08:10 PM

I've never heard of one.

• KJ790

Posted January 18, 2009 - 08:30 PM

The YFZ450 (quad) has come stock with a stainless version of the 03-06 YZ header. I'm not sure what the new YFZ has for a header with the new designed engine (like the 06-09 YZ engine), but you can look into it. You can also run one of the older YFZ headers with 06 exhaust gasket at the midpipe (not positive if the gasket will fit, may require more of a modification). Or you can buy a stainless replacement header from another company like pro circuit or FMF.

• Slinkyman16

Posted January 18, 2009 - 08:45 PM

well since u already have the header.. why not just go out and buy the can to match and u will have a complete system?? i know its a few more bucks but it might save u a headach later on trying to track something like this down..

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.