07 wr450 exhust will it fit a 05 model?

6 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted January 18, 2009 - 08:06 AM

does anyone know? sort of in a hurry as its listed on ebay its a fmf 2 system with the power bulge on the front pipe.

• doctorchopper

Posted January 18, 2009 - 03:12 PM

pretty sure it won't fit, big differance with the alloy frame to the steel ones.

• Looks450

Posted January 21, 2009 - 03:17 AM

does anyone know? sort of in a hurry as its listed on ebay its a fmf 2 system with the power bulge on the front pipe.

No. Different mounting points.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frostbite

Posted January 22, 2009 - 03:15 AM

Sometimes I use my E pipe from my 99 400 on my 07 450. It's not perfect, but 1 frame hole lines up and so far that's held mine in place with no problems. The 450 headpipe seems a bit small for the inlet on the 400 pipe, but a new gasket snugged it up and kept it from leaking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• minty0_10

Posted January 22, 2009 - 12:30 PM

ok thanks guys

• Robert_Brazil

Posted January 22, 2009 - 12:57 PM

Nice decals where can I buy these? On that last picture, it seems that you could make a small support of about an inch and screw a bolt to that fixation point. What year is your bike? 07?

• Frostbite

Posted January 22, 2009 - 03:26 PM

Nice decals where can I buy these? On that last picture, it seems that you could make a small support of about an inch and screw a bolt to that fixation point. What year is your bike? 07?

Yes, the bike is an 07, and you're right, it would be pretty easy to make a small bracket for the 2nd mounting point on the pipe. The decals are from FLU.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.