Do i have a problem? (Syn oil in my 08)

3 replies to this topic
  • DMC707

Posted January 17, 2009 - 10:02 PM

OK--- i brain farted and filled up with a quart and something of Royal Purple auto type 10W-30.

I know my YZ is a wet clutch with a Rekluse thrown in to boot--- i haVE about a 2 hour ride in the morning --- should i dump this stuff asap-- or for 2 hour do i even need to worry about it?

I hate to roach a $100 set of plates and springs over 12 bucks worth of oil

• 426 NOOB

Posted January 17, 2009 - 10:19 PM

Their website says nothing about the auto motor oil beeing wet clutch compatible, so I would not do it. Dump it quick, just because the plates are worth so much. Better to waste $12 like you said.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 17, 2009 - 11:04 PM

Unless the oil states it is API EC II, it's most likely OK for the clutch, but it's not a very durable oil. Since it's already only a 30 wt, it won't be much good after the first couple of hours.

• DMC707

Posted January 19, 2009 - 06:24 AM

Thanks for the quick response guys --- i dumped the RP and went with something a little more appropriate to get through the day (a mineral based 30 weight) --- 30 weight oil did have the trans shifting notchy after 1.5 hrs though

---- note to self -- next time im at Cycle Gear- stock up on oil

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.