how to change timing chain?

4 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted January 16, 2009 - 05:29 AM

I want to do a set of hotcams and a piston in my 2000' wr 400. I heard its good to change the timing chain.... What is involved in this? DOes it have a master link? thanks

• flyer05

Posted January 16, 2009 - 06:24 AM

I am fixing to do the same. I think you have to remove the stator assembly to get to the bottom end of the chain. Doesn't look to hard.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevenacarter77

nope i don't believe there is a master link; i do believe if you are gona change the timing chain you are gona need this.
http://www.clymer.com/ContactUs.aspx

• beaver83

No there is no master link for timing chains. you will need to remove the cams, tensioner, mag side cover, flywheel, and possibly some other misc parts in order to remove the chain. Do you have a service manual for your machine? check in there, give it an quick read through to get an idea of what all you will have to do.

• bluebreadtruck

Posted January 16, 2009 - 07:49 AM

yeah, i have the online manual. I will take a look

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.