Local suspension or enzo?

10 replies to this topic
  • FLeX484

Posted January 15, 2009 - 09:05 AM

I currently own an 06 with suspension done by local shop....i have been pretty happy with it. I am purchasing a leftover 08 and first thing is suspension. I noticed that i could send off my suspension to enzo for only slightly more than the local shop charges now. I am all for supporting local shops, but i can't help but wonder if enzo suspension would be much better, or is it basically going to be the same. Just hoping to get some thoughts from people who have had enzo do their suspension....

thanks!

• Wiz636

Posted January 15, 2009 - 10:10 AM

Depends on what are going to have them do. If it just needs some shim shuffling then send it to the local guy...he knows the areas that you ride better anyways, and is more likely to give you personalized service.

If you want a bunch of super trick stuff (coatings, polishing, etc $$$) done then you may want to send it to Enzo.

• LEMMON1

Posted January 15, 2009 - 01:47 PM

i say just swap the suspension...doesnt te 08 and above no longer have the titanium spring in the rear anymore?

• grayracer513

Posted January 15, 2009 - 02:02 PM

Swapping the suspension won't work, at least not easily. The rear shock is different due to a linkage change in the '08. On the fork, the steering stems are a different length, although you could simply slip the forks into the other clamps. But in addition, the front axles are different in the '08, so you'd need to switch that, too, and since the axle offset was changed in the '08 it would actually handle a little differently with an older fork.

The rear shock spring is still titanium on the '08, too.

• LEMMON1

Posted January 15, 2009 - 04:07 PM

whoops i was thinkin i was in the 250 section my bad

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • meyer fire

Posted January 15, 2009 - 06:49 PM

Personal I think nobody knows Yamaha suspension better!They specialize in KYB. I had my suspension seviced (no reavalve) by them and the price they quoted me was the price when they were done! How about that, unlike other shops that I have heard of. And my suspension was a year and a half old (desert riding, some track )and I weigh 210 pounds.There prices are a little better then most, and when I talked to them on the phone they were very helpful. They also use genuine KYB parts & oil. And when I rode my bike after they serviced them they were good and trun around was fast!

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2009 - 07:47 AM

Personal I think nobody knows Yamaha suspension better!

I'll challenge that and suggest Dave Johnson at Smart Performance Inc.

• Wiz636

Posted January 16, 2009 - 08:21 AM

I'll challenge that and suggest Dave Johnson at Smart Performance Inc.

...and I will second that. I just installed the dual del taco and the EPNP IC springs and it is sweet.

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2009 - 09:02 AM

...and I will second that. I just installed the dual del taco and the EPNP IC springs and it is sweet.

I just got that setup. I'll have it installed by my next race day.

• Kasjok

Posted January 16, 2009 - 09:52 AM

I just got that setup. I'll have it installed by my next race day.

Make sure you share your thoughts on this when tested.

• grayracer513

Posted January 16, 2009 - 09:55 AM

Make sure you share your thoughts on this when tested.

Sure. Meantime, you can read what Wiz thought of it:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=733711

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.