03 WR450 battery problems

1 reply to this topic
  • VK_308

Posted January 15, 2009 - 05:43 AM

hey guys ive got an 03 WR450 just bought it a few months ago... it was working great until around about half way through my 5th ride..no lights no e-start had to kick start all the rest of the day (slightly annoyin due to the fact i changed over bikes to stop kicking it over) so i replaced the voltage regulator because it was over charging the battery and blowing all the globes, got another battery and it was all good... until i left the bike for a week in the shed, went to start it up, and nothing it was dead..

i put it on charger over night and it started great in the morning... when i went to start it 3 days after it was dead once again.. so something is draining the battery and im not sure wat, ive taken the key out aswell so its not that because i found out that leaving the ignition on drains it ever so slightly.. so im a little confused right now:banghead:

has any body had this kind of trouble?? its really annoying seeings as my mate starts his bike up first time every time... he has had the same battery for 3 years.. mine goes dead within a week.. :thumbsup:

any help would be great thanks
cheers...
scott

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roushxteam199

Posted January 15, 2009 - 05:45 AM

i have a 03 also and it will die if i let it sit for over a few weeks the battery will be dead. I usually just have to get it started and let it idel and than just drive it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.