Can I put a YZ400F motor in my 250F frame?

4 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted July 19, 2002 - 12:52 PM

Ok, I may be buying a YZ400F motor with all the other related engine items. The idea is to use this motor in my wifes street bike -- basically a GP style racer.
But, it may more more sense for me to put my WR250F motor in her bike and use the 400 in mine.

Will the 400 motor fit the WR250F frame?

ben

• freestyle111

Posted July 20, 2002 - 11:33 AM

you can mount a volkwagon motor in yz250f frame.IF YOU HAVE A BIG ENOUGH HAMMER

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted July 20, 2002 - 06:36 PM

seriously,it shouldnt take to much modification to make yz400 motor fit in yz250f.tank,seat and all the plastic,radiators,subframe,forks,tripleclamps,brakes,rims are all interchangable.you might have to fabricate new front motor mounts and modify your airbox.you can always make sheetmetal airbox.give BBR a call they can tell you exactly what would need to be done

[ July 20, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• SFO

Posted July 21, 2002 - 09:41 PM

What is your wifes bike?
SRX? TZ-R?

• armourbl

Posted July 21, 2002 - 12:50 PM

Here is a picture of the bike I'm putting this engine in. Picture number 4.

It is an Aprilia RS50. 2-stroke 50cc, makes about 6 hp stock. We added a 75cc top end and a ton of other performance goodies, it is fun, but still not fast enough. She is a short woman and we can't find anything else that will fit her. She must have the bodywork and sexy race appeal. The YZ400F motor will absolutely rock in this bike if it doesn't twist the frame into a ball first.

http://photos.lycos....ca2m7bbo_358886

ben

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.