Inspection w/o signals in Utah

Sorry for this post being <font color="yellow"> yellow ? I just wanted to get some advice from others who have gotten their bikes registered in Utah. I'm taking my converted DRZe in to get an inspection this week. I've heard from many people that you do not need turn signals to pass inspection in Utah (I don't have any on). I'm just wondering if this is common knowledge at inspection garages, or if I have to find the "right one." I don't want to get there are find out the hard way that they follow the book to the letter. I live in Bountiful, so any advice from you Utah D/S guys would be appreciated.

Also, I am busy on Saturday, but if there is anyone who would like to ride on Sunday, I could really use the miles...it's been a few weeks. Jericho would be great. Thanks,

Phil,

I heard that you don't need the turn signals. But that's just hearsay. Perhaps you should call a couple motorcycle shops and get a couple answers from them. As far as riding goes, we are going out to the Knolls on Sunday. LMK if you are interested. Peace...............db

PW, You only need the signals if they came on the bike, if it did not come with signals you don't have to install them. That information is in the inspection manual that every inspector has, it used to be on page ten, I've had to point it out to some of the inspectors a few times. I live in Centerville and take mine to Rons Phillips 66 on Main in Cent.

Guys,

Thanks for the feeback. I'll make a run to Centerville after I call a couple of local places. I just want to get it done right "the first time". If you know what I mean. I might be interested in the Knolls on Sunday. I'd really like to go down south, but could be convinced to drive west ?

Anyway, I'll drop you an email if I'm leaning that way. Thanks

I might be interested in the Knolls on Sunday. I'd really like to go down south, but could be convinced to drive west

Simple convincing here. There are at least 5-6 of us going to the Knolls on Sunday. We will eating lunch there and making a bonfire. Plus the drive is three times shorter. ?