tail light wiring

6 replies to this topic
  • minty0_10

Posted January 14, 2009 - 02:04 PM

hi all ive just fitted a led rear light to my 05 wr but i can get both light and brake light to work?
anyone know what colour wirse go where?:thumbsup:
thanks again

• Xr650rhonda

Posted January 14, 2009 - 03:08 PM

It sounds like the ground is not connected. let's see, my o5 running light hot lead is blue and the ground is black. The hot lead from the pressure switch for brake is yellow(well, mines yellow).
I would check for continuity with your meter at the ground and at the engine to see if you have a good ground.

• minty0_10

Posted January 14, 2009 - 03:24 PM

by hot you mean live and ground earth? uk lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Xr650rhonda

Posted January 14, 2009 - 05:15 PM

by hot you mean live and ground earth? uk lol

:p yep. I hope you got it working, too cold to ride in my part of the world.:thumbsup:

• ophir

Posted January 14, 2009 - 06:34 PM

Remember on LED to run them on the DC side and not AC. AC will work, but the lights will not be bright.

• minty0_10

Posted January 15, 2009 - 02:19 AM

thanks for the imfo guys im all sorted cheers

• tcmII

Posted January 15, 2009 - 05:46 PM

Lighting on the WR is on the AC side. DC is for the starter. Without an upgrade the stator puts out just enough amps to charge the battery.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.