After Market Parts

8 replies to this topic
  • YamaGeek

Posted February 03, 2003 - 04:39 PM

Okay guys, I'm a bit confused. Now that I have a new bike I'm looking to dress it up/ protect / performance /a bit with some aftermarket parts but I don't always find listings for the WR but they will for the YZ. Will the Works Connection Aluminum Frame Guards for a YZ426 fit a WR? Will an FMF Power Core 4 - Q Series for a YZ fit a WR? I'm thinking they will but don't find listing specifically for the WR.

• xr600r

Posted February 03, 2003 - 04:57 PM

i emailed works connection about frame gaurds....they said they havent gotten hold of a bike yet to work on....but somebody in here said the yz450 ones fit.

• DesertChris

Posted February 03, 2003 - 05:31 PM

I have the same bike as you and got my aluminum frame guards and enduro skid plate from the dealer. It's the GYT-R factory stuff, the fit and quality were exellent. The guards were $50-60 and the skid plate was $90. As far as I have read on this sight, the WR and YZ mufflers are interchangeable with a bolt and/or spacer at the rear mount.

• dukeboy

Posted February 03, 2003 - 06:39 PM

I just finished putting on the frame guards. They are the yz 450 ones and they fit great. I thought I also ordered the radiator cages, and only the braces came. I had to return the braces to Works Connection. I heard that devol racing makes the full cages?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaokie

Posted February 03, 2003 - 07:28 PM

Try Flatland for radiator protectors. They're as good as any I've seen.

• Superbike

Posted February 03, 2003 - 07:54 PM

Will the Flatland ones fit? I have a set for my 426 and have not tried to put them on the 450 yet. I have a sneeking suspicion that the Radiators are the same. I hope! ---Mike

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 04, 2003 - 01:11 AM

flatlands will not fit i e-mailed them about it already.

• Superbike

Posted February 04, 2003 - 01:31 AM

I talked with them last week they did not know yet. That is a bummer -----Mike

• Motorod

Posted February 04, 2003 - 02:55 AM

I ordered the Devol Frame guards and Radiator guards yesterday. They told me they have a WR and the frame guards fit both. I did not ask them about the Radiator, but I don't think they are interchangeable, because I believe the WR radiators are a little wider (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that?). The radiator guards are delayed about one week though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.