Tim Ferry on a 2-stroke?

3 replies to this topic
  • Dean400

Posted February 03, 2003 - 03:17 PM

Does anyone know why Tim Ferry raced a 2-stroke at the Anaheim supercross on saturday?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 04, 2003 - 04:17 AM

Dirt Bike magazine stated he was having some carb issues at very bad times,causing several crashes and near misses on jumps.
He's supposed to be back on the Thumper next race.
:) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnnyMac

Posted February 04, 2003 - 11:07 AM

I believe that Ferry made the decision to ride the 2 stroke for the rest of the Supercross Series. He will probably revisit the YZF for the outdoor nationals.

Really makes you wonder why. I’m guessing for the average guy “4 strokes” are the way to go, but maybe at their level the two strokes are more comfortable and easier to ride aggressively. Look at Henry, every year he comes out to do his single race, he races the two stroke. I thought after Henry won the national championship on his YZF two strokes would have faded by now, but they keep coming back stronger and stronger

• msgbean

Posted February 04, 2003 - 11:18 AM

Ferry felt he could do better on a lighter YZ250 on the tight supercross tracks and proved it by going 1 sec a lap faster at the Yamaha test track. But with his poor showing at the race I wonder if he will switch back.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.