My new wr450 runs like crap!

22 replies to this topic
  • lipskid

Posted February 10, 2003 - 06:57 PM

-Went for the first ride yesterday. Bike really ran BAD at around 1/4 trottle. Missing and stumbling a LOT. Really frustrating. Also still seemed lean even with #50pj intalled (it was VERY cold out though). I talked to the shop this morning about bringing back so the could get it sorted for me.
Anyway, I decided to try something tonight before I took it in tommorrow. I pulled the GREY WIRE! WooHoo! She runs smoother than Penelope Cruz.
Many Garcia's, guys. I had read here that it would make the bike run a little better, but it tranformed mine from unacceptable. Thanks again! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockyuphill

Posted February 11, 2003 - 04:54 PM

2/11/03 still checking I think dealer maybe the one that is stalling now

• rockyuphill

Posted February 15, 2003 - 01:42 PM

picked up my wr450 today turns out the air/fuel screw had fallen out and was missing. Asked dealer to install 160 main 48 pilot he put in a 52 pilot so it runs fat on low end. But it RUNS good on top end easy fix though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.