OEM exhuast numbers 06 v 07

10 replies to this topic
  • BigVthumper

Posted January 13, 2009 - 05:51 AM

Anyone know if a full stock 07 WR450 exhaust system (head pipe & can) will work on a 06 WR450? I found a clean one very cheep on craigslist. It looks like the last two factory numbers are off by two. Anyone know what that means? Thanks

Head pipe Muffler/Can
07 5TJ-14611-10-00 5TJ-14710-E0-00

06 5TJ-14611-00-00 5TJ-14710-80-00

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 13, 2009 - 11:56 AM

no they have different frames...

• BigVthumper

Posted January 13, 2009 - 12:45 PM

I know they have different frames however the the head pipe is the same as is the sub frame. Seems like it would work. Just a thought.

• jhmotard

Posted January 13, 2009 - 03:24 PM

why do you want the 07 exhaust? if your looking for more power just get a slipon, why waste the money on the 07...it still has baffles, which restrict power, slipons are open core

• KJ790

Posted January 13, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Headpipe is the same, but the silencer has a different mount on the midpipe. The subframes are not the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigVthumper

Posted January 13, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Headpipe is the same, but the silencer has a different mount on the midpipe. The subframes are not the same.

Thanks all for the heads up. Screw it, I just purchased a Q4. I'm sick of waiting for a used silencer. Hopefully it makes it by the weekend.

As for why, just being cheep. I got a used pipe from a TT member that claimed it was a "06 WR" when in fact it was a 06 YZ. He knew full well what he had. Any way, now I'm stuck w/ that as well.

• JSanfilippo

Posted January 13, 2009 - 06:41 PM

The headpipe on the '07 WR is only 38mm in diameter. It is not the same.

• KJ790

Posted January 13, 2009 - 07:20 PM

The headpipe on the '07 WR is only 38mm in diameter. It is not the same.

Sorry, I was thinking of the YZ's, the headpipe stayed the same on them when they went to the aluminum frame, but the mount on the midpipe moved.

Regardless, if he is swapping the full system the diameter of the header doesn't matter (since it is the same at the exhaust port). You can make it fit on your bike if you cut the mount on the midpipe and move it, or if you weld a nut on the midpipe where the bold should go.

• Demo_Slug

Posted January 13, 2009 - 10:29 PM

I got a used pipe from a TT member that claimed it was a "06 WR" when in fact it was a 06 YZ. He knew full well what he had. Any way, now I'm stuck w/ that as well.

weird. I would think the YZ pipe is worth more then a WR pipe. and I think that it might fit on an 07+ WR.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted January 14, 2009 - 07:48 AM

weird. I would think the YZ pipe is worth more then a WR pipe. and I think that it might fit on an 07+ WR.

an 06 yz muffler will bult right up to an 07wr however you need to keep in mind the head pipe as they are different like Jsan said:thumbsup:

• Demo_Slug

Posted January 14, 2009 - 12:21 PM

an 06 yz muffler will bult right up to an 07wr however you need to keep in mind the head pipe as they are different like Jsan said:thumbsup:

Technically :thumbsup: it has nothing to do with the head pipe. its all about the gasket. Did you know the diameter of the mid pipe on the 08 WR and the 08 YZ are the same. Yes, the head pipes are different diameter; but it is the gasket between the 2 that makes up the difference. Thus a 08WR head pipe with the WR mid gasket will slip right into a 08YZ silencer. Or a 08YZ head pipe with YZ gasket will slip right into a 08 WR silencer.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.