rekluse report..first ride

5 replies to this topic
  • cmd

Posted January 12, 2009 - 06:32 PM

well after a six pack of tall boys:smirk: ,i finally finished the install.everything went with out a glitch, yep not to bad...all of the paper work they send you is truely helpful.:thumbsup: i sent it up in the med/hard setting,using all the balls.may be to soon to tell.but for east coast tighter riding i think that may be the best overall setting just like they recommend in the manual.the only thing that i couldn't achieve was the 1/2" play at the lever.mines at about 3/4,but it seems just fine.i lucked up with the jetting as well,no stall,no hiccup whatsoever.now for the nitty gritty..first ride.whoah was it weird.i kept stabbing at the clutch lever...then finally realized what am i doing,this is what i just dropped 600 bucks for.it's going to take a while to get used to but already eliminates some arm pump,and it really does make short work of any really gnarly or technical trails or hill climbs,if ya bobble on the way up..no big deal just keep chuggin,same goes for the really tight stuff.bottom line, is it worth the money?...definitely,even if it's just for the nearly no-existant clutch pull you get:lol: seriously though if your considering one i believe it makes short work of the nastiest thing a trail or race can thow at ya.only down side i see is you WILL get spoiled and from that point every bike you own will get that 600 dollar upgrade,kinda like adamper....it's only money right:excuseme:

• RENNER

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:01 PM

hmmm.. i'm thinking about putting it on my 06 450. trying to figure out why you paid 600? i looked at this site and they are going for 399?? ya it was kinda funny watchin supercross in SF and every rider that crashed just picked up their bike and kept goin.... :)

• RENNER

Posted February 02, 2009 - 11:12 PM

oh you must have the pro version

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted February 03, 2009 - 09:12 AM

For the 06' you will have to purchase the longer clutch cable ($75) if you want the clutch bypass. Seriously, spend the extra and get the pro version.

• 642MX

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:35 PM

oh you must have the pro version

The Pro version is worth the extra coin. I've had both. :)

• 642MX

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:40 PM

well after a six pack of tall boys:smirk: ,i finally finished the install.everything went with out a glitch, yep not to bad...all of the paper work they send you is truely helpful.:) i sent it up in the med/hard setting,using all the balls.may be to soon to tell.but for east coast tighter riding i think that may be the best overall setting just like they recommend in the manual.the only thing that i couldn't achieve was the 1/2" play at the lever.mines at about 3/4,but it seems just fine.i lucked up with the jetting as well,no stall,no hiccup whatsoever.now for the nitty gritty..first ride.whoah was it weird.i kept stabbing at the clutch lever...then finally realized what am i doing,this is what i just dropped 600 bucks for.it's going to take a while to get used to but already eliminates some arm pump,and it really does make short work of any really gnarly or technical trails or hill climbs,if ya bobble on the way up..no big deal just keep chuggin,same goes for the really tight stuff.bottom line, is it worth the money?...definitely,even if it's just for the nearly no-existant clutch pull you get:lol: seriously though if your considering one i believe it makes short work of the nastiest thing a trail or race can thow at ya.only down side i see is you WILL get spoiled and from that point every bike you own will get that 600 dollar upgrade,kinda like adamper....it's only money right:excuseme:

Welcome to the club. :lol:

Be sure to stay on top of the lever adjustment. Mine changes every once in a while (I guess the pack wears a little and throws the adjustment off). Also, be sure to check the installed gap after the first ride.

And if you want it to lock up harder off the bottom end, call Rekluse and order some tungsten balls. Mine slipped a little too much for my liking, I threw in some tungsten balls and the problem was fixed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.