5 replies to this topic
  • jimbarbwe

Posted January 11, 2009 - 02:33 PM

hi guys i have been :thinking: for about 2 months trying to get my HID light to work with out having to ground the stator.

have got as far as having a DC out put of between 7V and 22V but cant seam to get the 12V or so to run the HID.

so im gonna get a ground stator kit and run it that way but i wanted to know if by grounding the stator i will lose power to my break light and my speedo. please help me im goin mad.

also if you understand bikes and elecs have a look at this its what have been trying to do as i didnt want to ground the stator it runs over 4 pages

• bluebreadtruck

Posted January 11, 2009 - 07:29 PM

you cant just use a voltage regulator with a battery?

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted January 11, 2009 - 07:52 PM

Did you buy a full wave rectifier/regulator yet? Float the ground in your stator, run an extra yellow wire to the rec/reg, then run the red and black wires to your battery. Run everything from your battery and things should be fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jimbarbwe

Posted January 12, 2009 - 04:36 AM

Hi ya is a full wave. But still doesn't work. With grounding or replacing the stator will this stop power going to the orignal lighting loom? Will my break light and side light still run.
This part of grounding or replacing with a trial tech stator confues me.

• Randy Nilles

Posted January 12, 2009 - 03:51 PM

Does your HID work dirctly from the battery. Maybe somthing is wrong with the HID ballast/or light?

Did mine on an 07. Floated the ground and new regulator rectifier, and the brake light and spedometer work fine. I ran a switch to the light so I could turn it off.

Good luck!

• Randy Nilles

Posted January 12, 2009 - 04:02 PM

One other thing..

I had to run a line directly from the battery to the light. The yellow factory wire did not either work or put out enouph constant power to the light. Once converted to DC power the bike charges the battery which powers the light.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.