wiseco piston- 13.5:1 on pump gas?

4 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted January 10, 2009 - 07:15 PM

i have every bolton and need more power. short of swapping a 450, i was thinking some hotcams and a wiseco highcomp 13.5:1 setup....piston and cams made a HUGE difference on my old raptor and hopefully will on this bike also.

my only question; can i run on 91 or (93?) pump gas and n0t get the detonation?

i heard a while ago that anything over 11;1 is a nono on a 4-stroke? anyone try this?

• brad the best

Posted January 10, 2009 - 08:57 PM

i know all the new 600 cc crotch rocket's are 13:1 and they run pump gas , there also efi and have a different ingnition curve ,adv etc .

but 13:1 on pump gas is totally do able , but with the ignition timing of the wr i can not say .

i would say super premium would do just fine on that bike , if you want buy a octane booster . there like 10$ for a couple bottles , they treat a fair amount of gas when its for a dirt bike .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted January 11, 2009 - 04:34 AM

I have a big bore 13.5:1 on my bike. I normally run 91 octane pump gas without issue, and have even run 89 octane when that's all that was available. Every once in a while, I will get a tank-full of shit-gas and the bike will ping. Adding a bit of octane booster or cutting the bad gas with race as clears it right up.

• bluebreadtruck

Posted January 11, 2009 - 07:31 PM

that helps alot guys, ok, I think im gonna go for it. I had a 400ex that had ping issues with a high compression piston and dident want to deal with that again.....

• knuckleduster271

Posted January 11, 2009 - 07:56 PM

My wr has that piston. I always run pump gas in with no problems what so ever

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.