white brothers e sires wr 400

7 replies to this topic
  • spencergt66

Posted January 10, 2009 - 06:08 PM

Any one ever put a white brother adjustable exhaust on a wr 400? I just put one on my 98 wr 400 and it use to have a 07 stock exhaust exhaust can ran great no bo but now after putting a white brothers e sires exhaust it seams to have a bad off idle bog i can feather the throttle and it'll pick up i adjusted the air screw and got it running pretty good but it still has a bit of a bog and will blow a bit of black smoke has 6 plates on the exhaust was thinking of adding some more more exhaust plates to lean out the air fuel mixture but was wondering if anyone else has had the same exhaust and has worked on it before? thanks:bonk:

• bluebreadtruck

Posted January 10, 2009 - 06:41 PM

yeah, six plates on an E-SERIES WHITE BROTHERS exhaust isnt enough. Your literally choking that thing basically

• spencergt66

Posted January 10, 2009 - 07:42 PM

yea thats kinda what i thought since i saw all the black smoke i have alot more plates how many should i put on?

• spencergt66

Posted January 11, 2009 - 03:50 PM

ok so I put the rest of the plates i had on so now there are 12 total still has a bit of a bog started looking into the carb found the accelerator pump rod was sticking and not pumping fuel took that apart and cleaned it all up works good now but still has a bog if you crack the throttle off idle and it blows a bit of black smoke still pry need to re-jet it didn't see what was in it when i took it apart but definitely needs to be leaner also found that the after market sir screw is galled up a bit and seams a bit loose so im goning to replace that was thinking of de-octopusing the carb anyway so any other suggestions to do be fore i start changing things?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spencergt66

Posted January 20, 2009 - 08:04 AM

Ok so after reading in to old treads on the wr400 I have found that my ap is squarting too much, and 2.5 seconds i was going to do the taffey mod but just decided to order the crf ap diaphram instead and then i also ordered the correct parts to deoctopus the thing while im in there hopefuly this will get everything out of my way and get rid of that pesky off idle bog

• SXP

Posted January 20, 2009 - 10:16 AM

Ok so after reading in to old treads on the wr400 I have found that my ap is squarting too much, and 2.5 seconds i was going to do the taffey mod but just decided to order the crf ap diaphram instead and then i also ordered the correct parts to deoctopus the thing while im in there hopefuly this will get everything out of my way and get rid of that pesky off idle bog

Document (with pics) and post your efforts for others. These questions have come up in the past and will again in the future.:thumbsup:

• matt4x4

Posted January 20, 2009 - 10:21 AM

I had no problems switching to that pipe on my 2000WR400F, however, it was only about a week before i put their silent insert into it which eliminates the plate and baffle rings and actually opens the exhaust a lot more and then I had to rejet one size bigger - this part is no longer available as far as I know, I got the last one from parts canada and couldn't find one anywhere in the us.

• spencergt66

Posted January 21, 2009 - 01:57 AM

Yea i had read about the quiet insert and have been looking for one everywhere bu have no luck yet but still i like the current setup of the exhaust i am using 12 plates seams to have pretty good power form bottom to top but it has that slight bog off idle do to the ap timing and duration so hopefuly when my parts arive this will cure the problem that i have I will post pics and everything once i get It taken apart and the new parts installed

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.