'04 YZ450 carb problem

1 reply to this topic
  • BBrown626

Posted January 10, 2009 - 05:40 PM

My bike has been sitting for several monts because I much prefer another bike. I couldn't start it so after check for great spark I inspected jets and found crud caked on, as expected from sitting. I cleaned up all but the pilot, replacing that one. I cleaned the entire carb inside and out with Simple Green and it looks great--I didn't realize the interior was so gunky!

In pulling the slide out I did not remove the screw on the top of those little arms with rollers, I removed the stop screw on the side of the body and lifted hard on the arms to remove the slide. Now the accelerator pump arm binds up with the lobes behind the cable wheel, causing the throttle to stick at near full open. If I adjust the acceleration pump screw all the way in that helps, but it is still sticky out at full throttle. Might I have damaged the plastic lobe for the acceleration pump? Any other ideas what may have caused this new problem? Otherwise the carb now works very well and the bike starts great.:thinking:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 11, 2009 - 09:41 PM

If the AP linkage is binding, that's most likely where the problem is. Double check the assembly with the exploded views. It could be as simple as a linkage rod hooked in from the wrong side of a hole, or something.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.