Knocking noise 450 07 & Clutch issue

2 replies to this topic
  • mightymart

Posted January 10, 2009 - 05:02 AM

I seem to get a loud knocking noise when I accelerate hard ? I thought it was the infamous chain hitting the frame because maybe the chain was loose but the chain is fine ? Im sure I read that this is a WR trait, but did I dream it because I dont want anything to be wrong :thinking: . It doesnt happen all the time so should I be worried ?
When I first got my bike (With around 2000 miles on the clock from new) I started changing gear without the clutch but only on the trail, untill one day it it wouldnt change up without the clutch & whilst going along it jumped out of 3rd or 4th gear , after that I use the clutch all the time.
Do most people use the clutch all the time on there WR after pull away ? or it it something more sinister wrong with my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zorroz

Posted January 10, 2009 - 03:51 PM

Could also be the top chain guide slapping against the swingarm. If you haven't already done so, undo it and glue it down with sikaflex which is the best stuff as silastic comes off real quick. And check the frame for damage from the chain slap. My hit the frame on accelaration when the chain was worn.
Clutchless shifts are what kills WR gearbox's. If its starting to jump out of gear, the dogs are worn on the gears and will get worse. So it rebuild time soon or time to trade:foul:

• KennyMc

Posted January 10, 2009 - 06:08 PM

Could also be the top chain guide slapping against the swingarm. If you haven't already done so, undo it and glue it down with sikaflex which is the best stuff as silastic comes off real quick. And check the frame for damage from the chain slap. My hit the frame on accelaration when the chain was worn.
Clutchless shifts are what kills WR gearbox's. If its starting to jump out of gear, the dogs are worn on the gears and will get worse. So it rebuild time soon or time to trade:foul:

+1. I put weather stripping under mine and the "slap" was gone.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.