yzf400 exhaust question

7 replies to this topic
  • 400f mech

Posted January 09, 2009 - 08:21 AM

hi i have a 1998 yzf400 with intake and exhaust cams, filter, jetted, and a FMF Power Core 4 silencer. its faster than every bike i ride with but i still want more power. i was looking into getting a head pipe, any suggestions? will it be worth the money i will spend? or would it be a waste? thanks, sorry if its a repost

• yamaha racing 230

Posted January 09, 2009 - 10:08 AM

hey bro i was in ure position i did alot of open riding and thrived for more my cr500 is EXACTLEY what i was looking for , at times i miss my old 400 it was a great bike , but a head pipe wont do much at all ,i had a short head pipe which is better for more topend power, the drd headpipe are more for low end grunt.

• 400f mech

Posted January 09, 2009 - 04:28 PM

i do a mix between riding track and trails, i have heaerd that head pipes do alot and i have heard they dont do much wasnt sure which was true, thanks

• 1998YZ400F

Posted January 09, 2009 - 08:05 PM

i wouldnt really spend the money on it. how is it geared?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husky300racer

Posted January 09, 2009 - 08:10 PM

The power now added alot more bottem end to my 98yz400f! worth every penny:thumbsup:

• 400f mech

Posted January 10, 2009 - 07:47 AM

i am still running stock gearing, should i change that? and since a head pipe wont do much is there anything else that you know of that would give me more horse power thanks

• husky300racer

Posted January 10, 2009 - 11:52 AM

Im run a 14-50 combo and works well in the woods and on the track, does give you more bottem!

• 400f mech

Posted January 12, 2009 - 07:22 AM

alright, i will probably do that soon, it needs sprockets any way, after i finish putting the top end back together. thanks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.