Glue residue removal

26 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted January 24, 2009 - 08:13 AM

That's true....our graphics are 8mil. Just pointing out, that MEK is toxic through the skin. I used to practically bathe in the stuff, until I found out it was a death sentence.

I too used MEK and Benzine for all my parts cleaning, for the last 24 years; stopped about 6 years ago. I still use MEK for goo-removal. I now find that I don't wear hand protection, even Gasoline makes me 'hit the wall' stamina wise in about 3 hours. Probably oz's of crap in my fat cells, and my liver must look like a clogged waste treatment plant.

• texas_hippie

Posted January 24, 2009 - 08:24 AM

I hear ya, Bro. At least we're still riding, right?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted January 24, 2009 - 03:08 PM

I hear ya, Bro. At least we're still riding, right?

:banana: :lol:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikey34

Posted January 24, 2009 - 05:29 PM

Benzine! Can you even buy that anymore in Cali? It's a proven carcinogen, and MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone), has been banned for use by the military.:banana:

The stupid Australian Defence Force still use it but in commercial aircraft maintenance it has been banned. If you stick your finger in it (not recommended) I think its about 7 or so seconds and it can be detected on your breath. Bad shit. I was using it the other day.

• kawasakimx8

Posted January 24, 2009 - 05:32 PM

use laqurer thinnner, but this will dull ur plastics but any kinda of wax will polish it back up to normal or if not better.

• TRUE_2_YAMAHA_001

Posted January 25, 2009 - 11:02 PM

gas, acetone, paint thinner, just about any lubercant (prolong, wd-40 ect.)

what i have found that works the best is this stuff called gunk remover. i have even used it on my truck and it does not hurt the paint. just incase you wanted to take the emblems off your truck. it looks better in my opinion.

• Navaho6

Posted January 26, 2009 - 03:34 AM

"Xtreme Goo Gone" in the red/black spray can. The orange Goo Gone is not as good.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.