Frame Colour Opinions

13 replies to this topic
  • Scoobster

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:00 AM

Guys I have a some time off from work in a few weeks time and my 2005 WR450 frame has started to let the look of the bike down where boots have rubbed the paint off and stone chips etc to the underside and front so I’m going to strip the bike back to a bare frame and have the frame powder coated.

Now which colour do you guys think I should have it done? Blue like stock colour? Gunmetal or even Black? or how about Silver to give it that alloy frame look? Any opinions/ideas or even photos of other WR’s with a frame colour change would be great :thinking:

• Charles De Mar

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:46 AM

Guys I have a some time off from work in a few weeks time and my 2005 WR450 frame has started to let the look of the bike down where boots have rubbed the paint off and stone chips etc to the underside and front so I’m going to strip the bike back to a bare frame and have the frame powder coated.

Now which colour do you guys think I should have it done? Blue like stock colour? Gunmetal or even Black? or how about Silver to give it that alloy frame look? Any opinions/ideas or even photos of other WR’s with a frame colour change would be great :thinking:

Red frame/gold wheels and white plastic w/red decals. Old school! or black:excuseme:

• Scoobster

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:58 AM

Yeah if it was one of the newer WR's then i would have gone for a white & red look but as the tank is blue i'm stuck with blue :thinking:

• matt4x4

Posted January 08, 2009 - 11:40 AM

you can replace the tank with a clear/whitish oversized, or dye the existing black as other options to work off of.

if you're sticking with blue then do eiterh silver or blue as a frame.

• DIX

Posted January 08, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Personally Id go with black. Black gives you options if you want to go with a different set of plastics in the future. Everything matches black!

If you go blue your limiting yourself to blue plastics. I havnt seen a blue framed bike yet that looked great with anything other than blue plastics. Ive seen some that looked OK, but not great!

• Charles De Mar

Posted January 08, 2009 - 05:08 PM

Can you Rhino line it?

• Mutu

Posted January 08, 2009 - 05:37 PM

Silver. It will update the look and break up the blue.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:25 PM

Sounds like lot of work that will cut into your riding time.

An OEM looking bike is a thing of beauty. Stay stock.

• lixno

Posted January 09, 2009 - 11:00 AM

Go with black. It gives you a lot of options for the plastics...yellow Hurricane look, white or even blue again. They all look good with the black frame.

• Scoobster

Posted January 10, 2009 - 01:34 AM

thanks for all the ideas guys i think i might get some kind of photo editing software and see if i can play around with frame colours to see what looks best as i still can't make my mind up what to go for

I have found a company here in the UK who sell frame touch up kits so might like mauricedorris cut into riding time less and just touch up the frame (lazy way out :thinking: )

• S1rst

Posted January 10, 2009 - 10:44 AM

Id go with silver personally. Second choice would be black. Either way, id certainly powder coat it instead of just painting it, as powder coating will stand up to more abuse.

• SPLATT

Posted January 10, 2009 - 05:04 PM

I think silver would be a good color.It would go with every other color as well as black would but wouldn't show wear and tear that black would.

Steve

• Power

Posted January 14, 2009 - 08:00 PM

Can you Rhino line it?

Ok, I was thinking about this myself. Has anyone actually Rhinolined their frame? It grips good, it doesn't wear, seems like something that would work great on a frame! I just don't know if anyone has tried it yet. I would go with black when your powder coat the frame, goes good with anything. Shoot, the black frame even looks good with blue plastics.

• christrickle

Posted March 26, 2009 - 02:33 PM

I have rhino lined 3 of my beach cruisers and it works great. For a wr with all the bolt holes and areas where parts need to fit tight to the frame it would be a problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.