WR exhaust on YZ426F

3 replies to this topic
  • Kaltsu

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:42 AM

Would it be possible to use WR exhaust on YZ426F -00 from time to time to reduce noise level when needed on trails? If so, do I need to change jetting, cam timing or something else to get things right...?

Tomi

• Dano426

Posted January 08, 2009 - 09:21 AM

I believe the headers between the WR and YZ are different sizes.

You will need to rejet every time you swop exhaust.

Your best bet is to find a happy medium and go with a end cap

http://www.promotobi.../products_id/41

And then you can add the silencer to that with just one allen wrench, which is shown on the bottom of the page

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted January 08, 2009 - 10:17 AM

I second the pmb. I passed a 96 db on my 01 426

• Kaltsu

Posted January 10, 2009 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for info about end cap.

I was already bidding on ebay about WR exhaust and now I won that auction...

...so I got used -03 WR exhaust (muffler part only) and installed it on my YZ426F -00. Gasket that was installed on WR exhaust was too thick and it didn't fit to my old header, but with gasket from my original YZ exhaust it fitted perfectly. Only minor modification to aft mounting hole on WR muffler was needed it it runs quite good with old jetting too...

Tomi

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.