Throttle stop may be too short?

4 replies to this topic
  • Motorod

Posted February 02, 2003 - 01:05 PM

The dealer had alread cut the throttle stop on my bike when I picked it up. I think he cut it too short. When you pull the throttle wide open should the slide bottom be tangent with the throat opening?

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 02, 2003 - 01:17 PM

I'M NOT SURE. DID YOU ASK THEM TO CUT THE THROTTLE STOP FOR YOU? IF NOT I'D TELL THEM TO GET YOU A YZ THROTTLE STOP. JUST TO BE SAFE

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted February 02, 2003 - 01:26 PM

Slide should stop at the top of the carb. throat. If it goes higher its to short.

• Motorod

Posted February 02, 2003 - 03:33 PM

I had traveled 6 hours to pick up my bike. Did not ask them to set up anything. Thats all they did and filled the tank with gas. Got a good price, and got the first one I could get! It's not worth the trouble to talk to them again, not that they were hard to deal with, they were very friendly, but did not have the jets, YZ throttle stop, and woodruf key I ask for when I was there. I wish they would have left it stock and I would have a choice now, but thats OK, I got my bike. :)

• Motorod

Posted February 02, 2003 - 03:43 PM

That's what I thought. BTW, when checking the needle clip position, I moved the throttle and the throttle went past Wide Open with the carb top off. It hung up and would not let the slide retract fully. took me an hour to figure out I had to push down on the spring screw just outside the right side near the throttle cable to release it. :) I thought the cable had hung on something and took the right grip subassembly off and un-hooked the cables on the carb before I figured it out. Thanks for the reply!
Motorod

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.