slip and slide !!

6 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted February 02, 2003 - 09:20 AM

anyone ride there 450's through the mud yet? all i do is slip and slide , the back end goes all over the place. my DR435 didn't slide in the mud like this. it's either the 450 tires are for hard terrain or the extra HP. i'm not sure which one it is yet. anyone got some ideas?

• adamwagar

Posted February 02, 2003 - 09:43 AM

I've never had any luck with the stock 739s. They don't work anywhere. Here in Michigan 756s or 773s work great. I've heard good things about the Michelin S12 too.

I think with decent tires you'll hookup just fine. :)

• blue_beast_wins

Posted February 02, 2003 - 10:13 AM

Let the tires down!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ekemner

Posted February 02, 2003 - 11:44 AM

I live in Michigan and have used several brands of tires. 773s are the number one tire in my book. If you cannot hook up in the mud and sand with these then you will not.

Eric

WR450F ordered due any day.

Mods: FMF Q, Scotts Dampner, 773s for front and rear, 909 hand guards :)

• r1superstar

Posted February 02, 2003 - 12:00 PM

anyone ride there 450's through the mud yet? all i do is slip and slide , the back end goes all over the place. my DR435 didn't slide in the mud like this. it's either the 450 tires are for hard terrain or the extra HP. i'm not sure which one it is yet. anyone got some ideas?

I have no problems with my tires (same as yours). Try letting out some air during muddy riding. I suggest 6-8 lbs. depending on how much mud. You should also run some heavy duty tubes as well. Then you can run down to zero psi.

• ThumperWR450F

Posted February 02, 2003 - 12:32 PM

I WAS THINKIN ABOUT DROPPING THE AIR. I'LL TRY IT AND SEE HOW IT WORKS.

• Rainman_WFO

Posted February 02, 2003 - 12:32 PM

The tires are probably the issue. Make sure the pressure is set right and just deal with it until its time to replace the stockers. I hate wasting even mediochre rubber after I paid for it once already.

Rainman :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.