Procircut T4 and the WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 12, 2001 - 04:51 PM

I recently got my new Canadian WR426. It came with a lame stock muffler. Its different that the US models, it doesnt have a plug in it and its welded shut.(Its not even a spark arrestor). On my 98 WR400 I actually like the stocker but on the Canadian model you really need to upgrade. I decided to buy the Procircut T4. I saw the Procircut race van at a desert race this weekend and said what the heck I'll get it. The thing is CRAZY loud!!! But it boosts the power in every way!!! It simply makes the bike scream. I would'nt recommend it for dualsporting but as a race pipe its awsome. The bike feels like I have the YZ timing (my 98 has WR timing). Have we REALLY decided that the 426 has WR timing? (yes I've read the posts on this but im not convinced yet). Dan

• SFO

Posted February 12, 2001 - 05:07 PM

I had read some time ago that Super Hunky said the 01wr426 had yz timing.
I stand corrected. Mx- tuner, on another wr page says both of the 01 wr's he set up had retarded wr ex cam timing.
I am pulling mine down tonight to see what a difference the yz timing will make. Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 12, 2001 - 05:10 PM

SFO, Cool! Let us know what you find. Dan

• SFO

Posted February 14, 2001 - 10:17 PM

Did the timing last night.
The 01wr426 still has wr cam timing.
I changed it from 13 pins between marks to 12.
Power seems a little brighter, but not crazy.

------------------
01wr426
protaper clamp, rental carmichal bars
ty davis tank, ims yz seat base, stroker tall foam and cover
dunlop 756's, yz cam timing, motion pro hot start

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 14, 2001 - 11:51 AM

"Power seems a little brighter, but not crazy."

SFO, Thanks for the update. At least we know for sure now. I am curious to see how the bike will do on the trail, the bikes hit hard as it is, but I also invite the option to have her come alive even more than it does. Please keep us posted... Thanks, Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.