Yamaha lowering link (Home-made)

1 reply to this topic
  • rufusz

Posted January 05, 2009 - 03:08 AM

Hi guys,

Next week I will try to make myself a lowering link for 02 YZ426, similar to the YamaLink product to save those 250+$ and spend it on something else :thinking:
Now the question is : does someone know by how much should I modify the distance between the bearings and the suspension screw and/or the distance between the bearings?
I luckily have a photo of an original link and one from yamalink put next to each other, so I will try to calculate using those photos, taking in account that 1-2mm precision is more than acceptable.
(probably will post that image when I get home)

For those who don't know, this is the yamalink :
http://www.motorcycl...wering-link-yzf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • husqy360

Posted January 05, 2009 - 05:42 AM

cool
i like nipples:prof:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.