Bolt Fell Out, Oil Leaked Out, Engine won't Start

6 replies to this topic
  • DZTRDR

Posted January 03, 2009 - 06:54 PM

Well the title pretty much sums up my problem. I had just fixed my transmission problem, took the bike out to the desert for a test ride, and after about 2 hours of riding the bike started to bog down and quickly shut off. I look down at the left side of my engine and notice the bolt right below the shifter had fallen out and let the oil leak out. I brought the bike home, cleaned the oil filter and refilled the oil and now it won't start. I even tried push starting it and still nothing. It has good compression and I know its getting spark but I don't know where to go from there. If anyone has had a similar problem or knows what I should look into next I would greatly appreciate it. I'm leaving for deployment in a few weeks and really want to get out on the bike before I'm stuck on a ship for 7 months. Thanks in advance

Rob

• GENE426

Posted January 03, 2009 - 06:59 PM

that happened to my buddy however his fired up and is still running strong
It does kick over fine?
Everything is good except not starting?

• yzfjbw323

Posted January 04, 2009 - 02:56 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=728151

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DZTRDR

Posted January 04, 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thanks for the link. I searched around before posting but must have missed that thread........looks like the bike is going to be sitting like this for the next 6 months. I simply don't have the time to tear this thing back apart in the next 2 weeks. oh well I guess

• BC3

Posted January 04, 2009 - 10:41 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Check the head for seized cam bearings.....
Call these guys I have used them and they really know their stuff....[/COLOR]

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

[COLOR="Blue"]Mike Crowther is the owner and he is in your state....Petaluma CA..[/COLOR]

• tdamore

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:45 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Check the head for seized cam bearings.....
Call these guys I have used them and they really know their stuff....[/COLOR]

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

[COLOR="Blue"]Mike Crowther is the owner and he is in your state....Petaluma CA..[/COLOR]

I'll second that recommendation. Mike is a super nice guy and will do you right. I was sure my head was a doorstop and he was able to make it look new for less than $200. He turned it around in less than a week as well.

• DZTRDR

Posted January 05, 2009 - 05:45 PM

Once again, thanks for the recommendations guys. I'l keep this all in mind and start pulling the bike apart when I get back from deployment. Plus I think I want to get an Athena big bore kit so I'll have to pull the motor apart anyway.
Also, I live right next to Alba Action Sports and they have a pretty good machine shop too, but if everyone has had good experiences with Engine Dynamics then I'll give them a try when the time comes.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.