2008 Wr450

22 replies to this topic

Posted January 18, 2009 - 12:25 PM

Yeah the aftermarket pipe is mandatory for me...rode my buddies CRF450 which has a yosh pipe and it is just plain fun when you grab the throttle and that thing barks at ya!

Has anyone compared the GYTR gains to the FMF gains? Sound difference?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • starfish

Posted January 19, 2009 - 12:06 PM

Hey the number 1 problem/complaint of off road motorcycle is the NOISE!
My point you do not need a pipe to go faster. It about making the bike work and finsh in one piece. Riding areas are getting shut down because of noise and reckless riding etc........I would like a pipe, it would help with the torque and rideability. If i only rode on the track i would buy one. I ride a multi use area with mt bikers, dogs, hikers etc. I do not want piss off the wrong peson with my loud motorcycle. Just my opinion.

• Boondoggie

Posted January 19, 2009 - 10:01 PM

I definitely agree that we do not want to piss people off, though the places I go I am not sure it will be a problem. I try and stay away from areas where peds, dogs, etc go. I try and stay to OHV parks and some small track time. I also went with a dB "legal" pipe that will still also help out the bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.