bk mod issues

1 reply to this topic
  • DesertChris

Posted January 31, 2003 - 09:30 PM

I did the bk mod yesterday, it was extremely easy. I used a 5mm allen screw and spring from my local auto parts. The two issues I came across that I didn't see listed anywhere was the accelerator pump needs to be primed if it runs dry and you also have to cut a notch in the plastic cover over the linkage. I think it was under $10 for the tap, drill bit, screw and spring. The whole job took about 5 minutes after the carb was off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted January 31, 2003 - 11:20 PM

Another 5 minute mod you might like to consider is the JamesNow!

grab this PDF file (100KB Ver. 4.0)

and you will notice the increased torque in the bottom end, as well as better pickup when lugging the motor...

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.