??Compression Damping Adjuster??

2 replies to this topic
  • yamaha_mx_13

Posted January 01, 2009 - 08:34 PM

today i was reading somthing about the 2000 Yamaha YZ426F and it talked about a compression damping adjuster. Where is this located on my bike? what does it do? and how do i use it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer808

Posted January 01, 2009 - 09:21 PM

I think it is refering to your forks. you have clickers on top, or maybe they are on the bottom on the 426 I cant remember, then you have dampening )rebound) again, cant remember on the 426 if its top or bottom

• grayracer513

Posted January 01, 2009 - 10:32 PM

On the pre-'05 KYB forks, the compression clickers are on the bottom of the fork, and the rebound are on top, center of the fork cap.

On the shocks (before '98 and up) the rebound is on the side of the shock about 4" above the lower eye. Compression is broken into high and low speed, with the low speed being located in the center of the big blue nut above the shock reservoir, and the high speed adjuster being the big blue nut.

In each case, the farther you turn these adjusters "in" (to the right, or tighter) the more damping you get from that particular stroke, be it compression or rebound, and the slower the suspension moves in that direction. The farther out, the more the opposite is true.

As to how, why, and when to use these, take a look here:

http://motoman393.th...suspension.html

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.