efi yamaha?

53 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted January 05, 2009 - 04:46 PM

From what I've heard from "my guy", is that the 2010 bike will be like the street legal wr250s that are out there now. Now don't quote me on this but "he" was EXACTLY dead on about the 09 Kawisaki and Hondas. He does a lot of work with SX teams and testing...but like I said, don't kill the messenger:moon: :thinking: :smirk: :smirk:

• rickallen124

Posted January 05, 2009 - 09:46 PM

Well, I hope it isn't too much like the street legal wr's as they appear to be really weak compared the current yz250f. Yeah, I know emissions and different cams/ignition then what would be on the yz but it's still weak on the bottom. If that's the case it will also be a 4 valve head which may hurt the durability of the motor. I've heard efi, new chassis, new shock-probably a bigger shock diameter, and the forks will stay the same on the '10.

• matts06yzf

Posted January 06, 2009 - 08:17 AM

Bubba either hit the rear brake on accident or there was a failure Period. I have it Dvr'd and his rear wheel stopped for a split second, and you can clearly see his body go forward. This is not a false neutral. He was no where near 1st or 2nd gear. I am at a private pro level Sx track weekly and I spend alot of time with several guys that race Sx. Whoop sections are usually gone through in 4th gear. A rear brake tap does happen when some riders compress the bike by pushing down on pegs before hitting the whoops. As bad as I hate to say it this was not Reeds fault. James hit brake or bike failed.

• MX1967

Posted January 06, 2009 - 01:00 PM

I seriously doubt they'll adopt Honda's shock. Yamaha goes with speed sensitive dampening while the rest of the bikes use position sensitive dampening.

Speed Sensitive System (SSS) only applies to the forks.

• Guerilla_Tactics

Posted January 06, 2009 - 07:31 PM

Speed Sensitive System (SSS) only applies to the forks.

So what, Yamaha has the best shock bar none. Why would they go with Honda's shock? De De Dee

• MX1967

Posted January 06, 2009 - 07:46 PM

I know Yamaha's have the best shock..Ti spring, Kashima coating, oversized bottle, big shaft, Yamaha rules the suspension game.

• Guerilla_Tactics

Posted January 06, 2009 - 08:23 PM

I know Yamaha's have the best shock..Ti spring, Kashima coating, oversized bottle, big shaft, Yamaha rules the suspension game.

So why would they adopt Honda's shock?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guerilla_Tactics

Posted January 06, 2009 - 08:25 PM

From what I've heard from "my guy", is that the 2010 bike will be like the street legal wr250s that are out there now. Now don't quote me on this but "he" was EXACTLY dead on about the 09 Kawisaki and Hondas. He does a lot of work with SX teams and testing...but like I said, don't kill the messenger:moon: :thinking: :smirk: :smirk:

What is that supposed to mean? Huge muffler, electric start, wide ratio gears, softer suspension, a light, and mirrors?

:( :bonk: :lol: :( :lol:

I'm not picking up what you're putting down.

• Justin89

Posted January 06, 2009 - 11:58 PM

What is that supposed to mean? Huge muffler, electric start, wide ratio gears, softer suspension, a light, and mirrors?

:lol: :lol: :( :lol: :(

I'm not picking up what you're putting down.

Lol Im not saying its gonna be "actually" like the street legal version, I just mean, look at that bike and imagine how a yz450f would look designed like that.:bonk: Like I said before, all speculation not facts yet. But with all the other bike manf. coming out with major changes to their bikes, I dont see it being that far out of left field if yamaha did something like that but what do I know:moon: :thinking: :smirk: :smirk:

• yz480doinwork

Posted January 07, 2009 - 09:01 PM

since they have done it on the Wr 250 and now the YFZ 450 im sure they are testing them to get the system worthy of a race bike. i cant wait to see EFI in the race bikes

• ajd187

Posted January 08, 2009 - 07:59 AM

Bubba's bike didn't restart because Bubba got knocked the hell out. It had nothing to do with the bike itself.

As for the EFI YZ450F, it is probably coming next year. Maybe they will do something really crazy like KTM did and throw an e-start on there just for the hell of it too. Hopefully.

• FinchFan194

Posted January 08, 2009 - 01:02 PM

Bubba either hit the rear brake on accident or there was a failure Period. I have it Dvr'd and his rear wheel stopped for a split second, and you can clearly see his body go forward. This is not a false neutral. He was no where near 1st or 2nd gear. I am at a private pro level Sx track weekly and I spend alot of time with several guys that race Sx. Whoop sections are usually gone through in 4th gear. A rear brake tap does happen when some riders compress the bike by pushing down on pegs before hitting the whoops. As bad as I hate to say it this was not Reeds fault. James hit brake or bike failed.

Do you even know what a FALSE neutral is? Its just that false getting stuck in between 2nd or 3rd, 3rd or 4th and so on.

• WILLIAMS37

Posted January 10, 2009 - 09:49 PM

This is getting off topic, I hope to see FI on the 2010 lineup. As far as starting a hot bike goes, my 08 YZ450f seems to kick right over when I need it to in the middle of a race.

• rexbond007

Posted January 11, 2009 - 06:31 PM

i think he was trying to start it in gear

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.