Why do ya need all that?

1 reply to this topic
  • tk421

Posted July 13, 2002 - 12:52 PM

Be prepared to hear it when ordering your needle and jets.
I got it from Sudco when ordering a starter jet and a main air jet. (the starter jet they don’t carry by the way), and from my YAMAHA parts guy.
Actually the guy at the parts counter will give you a look similar to the headlights on a deer expression, and ask why do ya need all that? :)
It’s worth it though! If you’re thinking of re jetting, try it. If you’re in the process of re jetting, don’t give up! I think the biggest improvement to the bike has been the jetting.
:D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted July 14, 2002 - 07:12 AM

Most Yamaha dealers hire their counter help from the indigent population from under the bridges and underpasses of big metropolitan cities. I personally think that Sudco is a homless shelter posing as a carb shop.

If you listen to one tenth of the advise they tend to give, your bike would never run period. Most of the parts counter folks at my local dealer were either car salesman or rejects from other shops in the area.

Most of the folks here will NOT steer you wrong, we are in it for the sport, not the bottom line.

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.