OMG Wont start

2 replies to this topic
  • kayloe

Posted December 31, 2008 - 06:08 AM

Any advise please, had a real mucky and wet weekend with the wr400 Before Christmas. Had to hose and wash down as was a real mess, but started ok after. Yesturday went to change oil, started after 5/6 kick, changed oil all seemed ok.
Went to take bike out today wont start, every so often sounds like its going to then stops, also when turning over on kicker to get to TDC has back fired realy loud! near crapped me self lol.
any help please? i was going to go down the new plug and possible drain carb route?

thanks Rob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted December 31, 2008 - 06:23 AM

I feel like a broken record, but especially after washing and running the bike, set the engine to TDC so all the valves are closed. If you don't do this small step the steam in the exhasut system can quickly create a small rusty spot that can hold the valves from fully closing and then it will have low compression and a no start situation. I have also seen the kill button get water in it which will also give the no start. Unplug the kill button and try again. Good Luck . :busted: WR Dave

• kayloe

Posted January 01, 2009 - 05:39 AM

thanks Dave, will try as soon as i clear this hangover lol.:busted:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.