08 Acerbis Tank

11 replies to this topic
  • jonova

Posted December 30, 2008 - 06:51 PM

I tried to search and it seems most have the IMS and Clarke. Does anyone have the Acerbis tank? If so how did it fit? How is the quality?

• Jim813

Posted December 31, 2008 - 09:29 AM

I'm wondering about this as well as it comes cut for a dry break but includes a trail cap which is a very nice touch. any info on this tank?

• smokin529

Posted December 31, 2008 - 11:01 AM

I have and IMS and my buddy runs the Clarke. The Clarke is much thinner and comfortable. I ran the Acerbis tank on my '04 YZ 450 and it was great. Acerbis quaility and craftsmanship is second to none. I would have bought one for my '07 but they didn't offer one when I bought it.

• divebobber

Posted December 31, 2008 - 06:47 PM

I have the Acerbis 3.2 clear tank on my 2000 426f. Everything fit well. It comes with two petcocks, one for each side, and two gas caps. One blue aluminum and one plastic. It seems like a good tank though I have nothing but stock to compare it to.

• Jim813

Posted January 02, 2009 - 10:48 AM

I ordered an Acerbis tank for my 08 today, I will let you know how it works.

• 426 NOOB

Posted January 02, 2009 - 02:24 PM

I bought a Clarke from motosport.com and it is way nicer than the stocker. Way thicker, feels slimer between legs and has a warranty

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jonova

Posted January 05, 2009 - 07:50 AM

I ordered an Acerbis tank for my 08 today, I will let you know how it works.

I'm curious to see how it works out. Keep us posted!

• Jim813

Posted January 05, 2009 - 05:21 PM

I received that Acerbis tank and I was not as what I was told. The Acerbis tank for the 06-08 yz450f only comes with a plastic screw cap and there is no way to mount up a dry-break. Also, the tank has built in shrouds as shown in this picture: http://www.justgasta...p_image&pID=419
I am not going to bother mounting it up since it is nothing like I want and will stick with the clarke for now.

• smokin529

Posted January 13, 2009 - 08:28 PM

Are the built in shrouds bad?:thumbsup: From the picture the tank loos no fatter than the stock one. That sucks about not being dry break ready like the old tanks were.

• tmc55

Posted January 14, 2009 - 12:02 PM

i have the clarke tank on my 2000 yz426f and i think it is a great gas tank i got it off ebay for 75 dollars and it mounted up perfictly

• Jim813

Posted January 14, 2009 - 06:37 PM

I don't like the option of having built in shrouds (unless necessary) because the built in shrouds makes the tank much more vulnerable in wrecks. I just see the option of falling hard on a rock and possilby damaging the tank. Otherwise it is almost no wider than stock.

• jonova

Posted January 16, 2009 - 08:21 AM

I ened up ordering an IMS tank. It fits well and doesn't leak.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.