Can anyone identify this YZ/WR muffler for me please?

5 replies to this topic
  • WR450FGreg

Posted December 30, 2008 - 05:59 PM

I was wandering around the local scrap/recycling yard today looking for checkerplate for a trailer mod I want to do when I stumbled across this muffler lying in the dirt.
They only wanted $Aus5 for it so i bought it. (That's about $US3.50!)

Can anyone tell me what bike it is off?
I'm guessing a YZ400 or 426, or maybe a very early 450.

What do you think?

I'm going to hack it up and hopefully make it into a shorty straight through muffler for my 450, it feels quite light.
I'll just be using the canister and internals, not the entry pipe because it looks like it won't fit my bike.

Greg

Posted Image

• Derwud

Posted December 30, 2008 - 07:28 PM

early yz

• gregwr450f

Posted December 30, 2008 - 07:59 PM

your log in name sux.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Powerage

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:30 PM

your log in name sux.

Ha thats too funny! :busted:

• WR450FGreg

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:39 PM

your log in name sux.

:busted:

Well my hit-count is higher than yours so I reckon I've got more "dibs" on it! :moon: :p

Happy new year Greg, from Greg !!!

• WR450FGreg

Posted December 31, 2008 - 08:31 PM

Look what I found on eBay .....

http://cgi.ebay.com....1|39:1|240:1318

Maybe I should resist chopping my $Aus5 muffler up and auction it off on eBay too !!!!

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.