BRP Sub Mount Assembly - Any info?

6 replies to this topic
  • Kaleb

Posted December 30, 2008 - 01:17 PM

I am considering the BRP Sub Mount Assembly so I can use a 1 1/8" ProTaper style bar and eventually get the Scotts unit too. Does this thing really work on OEM Triple Clamps? And if so how high does the bar now sit compared to stock. I love the stock setup for my size and have no problem so I am not really looking to change that but if this is an easy way to do it then I might.

I have an '05 WR450.

Thanks guys..any help is appreciated.

• KennyMc

Posted December 30, 2008 - 04:53 PM

I am considering the BRP Sub Mount Assembly so I can use a 1 1/8" ProTaper style bar and eventually get the Scotts unit too. Does this thing really work on OEM Triple Clamps? And if so how high does the bar now sit compared to stock. I love the stock setup for my size and have no problem so I am not really looking to change that but if this is an easy way to do it then I might.

I have an '05 WR450.

Thanks guys..any help is appreciated.

It works great and it raises the stock bar height 1". I got bars that were even higher than stock for a more comfortable ride while standing.

Posted Image

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 30, 2008 - 06:38 PM

does the 05' WR have removable posts / bar clamps though?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted December 30, 2008 - 06:54 PM

does the 05' WR have removable posts / bar clamps though?

Doh. It appears they didn't go to the removable posts until 2006:bonk:

• Powerage

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:12 PM

hey Kenshaw... I see you have the windam bars also... How tall are you may i ask...

Im 5'11 and just put on a set of windam ProTapers on my '08 WR450 in a bid to make it more comfortable standing up with out feeling like im going to go flying over the bars.

I like how you have replaced the original mounts, looks 100% better than just putting on raisers on the OEM mounts...

Havent ridden with the new bars yet, but i think if i need to go higher again, another inch ontop of what i have now maybe too much... Just looking for your thoughts...

Sorry to the original poster for the slight highjack...

• KennyMc

Posted December 31, 2008 - 12:38 AM

hey Kenshaw... I see you have the windam bars also... How tall are you may i ask...

Im 5'11 and just put on a set of windam ProTapers on my '08 WR450 in a bid to make it more comfortable standing up with out feeling like im going to go flying over the bars.

I like how you have replaced the original mounts, looks 100% better than just putting on raisers on the OEM mounts...

Havent ridden with the new bars yet, but i think if i need to go higher again, another inch ontop of what i have now maybe too much... Just looking for your thoughts...

Sorry to the original poster for the slight highjack...

I too am 5/10 - 5/11. The BRP risers are in conjuction with the scotts steering damper I put on. It is real comfortable while standing which is the position I am in 80% of the time. I think the total rise is about 1 7/8":thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 31, 2008 - 08:57 AM

Doh. It appears they didn't go to the removable posts until 2006:bonk:

It could be the BRP still makes a kit though that bolts into the existing bar clamps... It's worth checking.

I am very happy with my BRP sub mount kit:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.