Help Can I fix this

9 replies to this topic
  • jeepcj776

Posted December 30, 2008 - 10:21 AM

No

This happend last spring I got the bike from a dealership and it did this the next day i just thought I would share.
The dealership had to buy me a new motor cause they put in a rod and didnt do the install correct

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• qwik12beat

Posted December 30, 2008 - 10:42 AM

wow thats impressive. Good thing you didnt get hit in he leg by shrapnul. A little jbweld and you should be good to go:busted:

• Wiz636

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, a little JB Weld and an oil change and she will be good to go.

• jeepcj776

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, a little JB Weld and an oil change and she will be good to go.

wow thats impressive. Good thing you didnt get hit in he leg by shrapnul. A little jbweld and you should be good to go:busted:

jb weld would do a good job I could mold the cylinder wall back in that way:thinking: :moon: :busted:

• Kasjok

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:36 PM

What did the dealership do wrong while installing the rod?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:43 PM

As Bill Murray once said "Blowd Up, Sir!"

Yup, JB, some duct tape, be right as rain.

• jeepcj776

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:48 PM

no wrist pin clip from what I was told

• William1

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:57 PM

no wrist pin clip from what I was told

No problem. I'll simply use this here paper clip, wrap it around my trusty pry bar. I got your clip right here!

Must of gotten to that point on a Friday night at closing, finished up on Monday.....

• qwik12beat

Posted December 30, 2008 - 02:05 PM

My first thought was a missing circlip:banana: All these years of blowing stuff up is finally paying off:smirk:

• husqy360

Posted December 30, 2008 - 02:35 PM

carnage

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.