leo vince slip-on for 07?!?

7 replies to this topic
  • Whyzee429

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:26 PM

i don't necessarily need one, but I can get a brand new slip-on (x3 i think) for $200. I'm not too familiar with them. I see articles on DR.D and FMF all the time, but never Leo Vince. What do you guys think? ANy experience with them? Should I do it, and how will it affect the power? Thanks guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!
--shawn--

• Slinkyman16

Posted December 29, 2008 - 11:12 PM

slip ons really dont do anything to the power. the power is made in the head pipe pretty much. and to top it all of the stock system is pretty damn good to begin with.. most pipes just move the power around to give u either more low or more top. whatever the case may be.. see if u cant get a full system.. unless u really need a sparky..

• Demo_Slug

Posted December 29, 2008 - 11:17 PM

i don't necessarily need one, but I can get a brand new slip-on (x3 i think) for $200. I'm not too familiar with them. I see articles on DR.D and FMF all the time, but never Leo Vince. What do you guys think? ANy experience with them? Should I do it, and how will it affect the power? Thanks guys and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!
--shawn--

got one on my WR450, its a nice silencer, the YZ450 uses the same pipe. this is what my bike sounds like.

It should come with a spark arestor and quite insert to keep the dbs down. leovince is a big player in european endurocross, where they have to deal with 94db noise requirments..

• Whyzee429

Posted December 30, 2008 - 10:20 AM

I don't NEED a sparky. I have a PMB end cap on my stock setup. I figured 200 was a good price for a slip-on though and that's why I asked. The pipe would be coming from the guy that builds my engine.....he just got sponsored from them, so I'm sure I can get the complete setup. If that's the case, then what can I expect?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:13 AM

The Leo Vince X3 is a quality system with a very nice sound and not too loud with the sparky and db insert. The power is good but not what you'd get with a Dr.D. The silencer is pretty long and susceptible to damage if you crash alot like I do...but I can say that even though I totally thrashed mine it held together fine. It was the full Ti model so it was more fragile than a full SS/Alum. system. Looked like it got run over by a tank when I finally replaced it for the Dr.D.

• KAS

Posted December 30, 2008 - 11:43 AM

I think the older X3's were long. Check out Demo Slug's video, that almost looks shorter than stock.

My buddy has an older one and it hangs clear back to the tip of the fender.

• Demo_Slug

Posted December 30, 2008 - 01:40 PM

I think the older X3's were long. Check out Demo Slug's video, that almost looks shorter than stock.

My buddy has an older one and it hangs clear back to the tip of the fender.

yes it is somewhat stubby. it is shorter then my stock WR canister and a tiny bit lighter. power wise, it was a rediculous improvement over the WR cansiter. a lot more power off idle and rev's out easyier, still very linear. once I added the YZ header it actually added a very nice mid range hit:smirk: . My gut feeling is that performance wize it won't be that much different then the stock 07 exhuast. but it should be quiter. I think Leo vince aims thier pipes for more low end grunt and sound control.

I think the pipe is pretty strong, feels really solid. and looks great. I personally like it a lot. and I liked being able to change tips. the WR 94db tip is a 25mm outlet. I got a 35mm YZ 96db tip off ebay. altough that will change depending on your header. its got a good deep tone without a lot of mid range noise. sounds like a huey helicopter in the distance at idle. although I think procircuit pipes sound the best.

the $200 question. for $200, I think you could buy it, take for a ride then sell if for $200 easy, especially if you got the WR adaptor gasket. I paid $320 for mine and now they are up to $350.

• Whyzee429

Posted December 30, 2008 - 10:55 PM

i think I'll do it then. thanks everyone for your thoughts and opinions!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.