Baja designs brake light switch

1 reply to this topic
  • slider91129

Posted December 29, 2008 - 06:34 PM

I have a brake light switch installed in my rear master cylinder where do I wire/splice in from?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dube2

Posted December 30, 2008 - 09:01 AM

Your stock tail light runs continously. On the stock wiring harness to the tail light, (splice, don't cut) take the hot (12v) to the BD switch. The other wire on the BD switch will need to be spliced to the second wire on the tail light wiring harnes. The harness from the bike has only two wires, 12v pos and neg. The tail light has 3 wires, Constant 12v (running), switched 12v(brake) and the negative(ground) wire. Even though it's connected to the plug, The second wire on the tail light is not being used.

Pretty simple job, shouldn't take more than half an hour assuming you have all the splices and extra wire.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.