friends bike seized

4 replies to this topic
  • 1998YZ400F

Posted December 29, 2008 - 04:39 PM

so my friend has an '07 450 and we were out at gordons on the sand highway in 5th gear, not full throttle or anything and it just shut off on him. and it wont even kick over anymore. he said hes had the cam chain replaced before but thats it. what could it be to cause it to suddenly seize like that?

• MuDPoUNdeR

Posted December 29, 2008 - 05:48 PM

For starters do you have oil in the engine? And even with the decompression lever held down (if it has one) It still wont turn over?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1998YZ400F

Posted December 29, 2008 - 07:20 PM

its auto decompression. im assuming he had oil in it. assuming he did, what else could it be?

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 31, 2008 - 12:41 PM

did he have a airfilter in it?

• qwik12beat

Posted December 31, 2008 - 02:08 PM

Im sorry to hear about your friends bike. You should look over the bike, and get back with us with some more details. I just had my bike lock up on me. If he was low on oil it probably seized the cams, and possibly jumped time.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.