2007 wr450f gear shift

3 replies to this topic
  • zoezie

Posted December 29, 2008 - 09:32 AM

WR450F (2007)
Gear shift lever is rubbing against casing. I can not remenber dropping the bike on this side to cause the lever to bend.
How far from thr case should the lever be?
Thanks in advance

• Powerage

Posted December 30, 2008 - 12:21 AM

Mine was rubbing a bit from new, but there is a fair bit of room on the gear spline to move it out a little.

Play with it a bit after you've moved it out a bit, cuz even when i thought mine was out far enough, there is still a little bit of flex in the lever and it can bend in a little as you're coming up with your foot and still scratch the cover.

Personal preference really as to where you want the leaver, just try a leave part of the spine sticking through the lever clamp, just to be safe.

Cheers :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zoezie

Posted December 30, 2008 - 08:12 AM

Mine was rubbing a bit from new, but there is a fair bit of room on the gear spline to move it out a little.

Play with it a bit after you've moved it out a bit, cuz even when i thought mine was out far enough, there is still a little bit of flex in the lever and it can bend in a little as you're coming up with your foot and still scratch the cover.

Personal preference really as to where you want the leaver, just try a leave part of the spine sticking through the lever clamp, just to be safe.

Cheers :busted:

Thanks for your advice, I shall give it a go.

• vomitbomb

Posted January 19, 2009 - 07:43 PM

Just had the same thing happen and the lever was hard to use and kept digging into the casing..

I just went to the shop and looked at the new bikes, just under 1cm from the casing. I just put mine in a vice and bent it back slightly using a pole for leverage.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.