My $20.00 damper and other photo's

5 replies to this topic
  • Dutch

Posted January 30, 2003 - 03:01 PM

Last Winter I mounted this damper and it worked great all season. I see these dampers all the time on Ebay for $20.00 or less. The photo on the trailer in on the way to Deals Gap. The woods photo is Northern Michigan.

• qadsan

Posted January 30, 2003 - 05:39 PM

Nice job on the damper! :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 02, 2003 - 10:29 AM

What kind of damper is that? Street bike? What is the Make/Model and what are the dimensions? Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dutch

Posted February 02, 2003 - 11:40 AM

It is a Suzuki TLR 1000 damper. The GSXR's are the same. When inexperienced riders started getting in trouble with the first TL's, Suzuki recalled them and installed these dampers. Then they put them on the rest of the sport bike line. First thing most riders do is take them off.

• heydude

Posted February 03, 2003 - 07:22 PM

How is it mounted to the frame? Im very interested in giving that a try.

• Dutch

Posted February 04, 2003 - 03:11 AM

At the front of the steering neck is a chunk of aluminum sticking out. I tapped two holes into that lug and mounted a small stainless plate with a hole in it the same size as the damper mount. Put a bolt through both and there you are - OK that is a simplified version but the trick is you need to have the damper in your hand, the front of the bike exposed, and some fabricating experience. What I have found is that the damper works great and you get full lock to lock movement. You adjust the damping effect by changing the oil in the damper, I'm using 15 W.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.