Rubber mount triple clamps

5 replies to this topic
  • Navaho6

Posted December 27, 2008 - 04:35 PM

BRP and Applied Racing make triple clamps with rubber mounts for the handlebars. Has anyone tried them? If so, was it a big reduction in bar vibrations?

• KennyMc

Posted December 27, 2008 - 10:40 PM

I have not tried them but wanted to point out that RG3 makes a 4-post rubber mount you may want to check out.

• Navaho6

Posted December 28, 2008 - 01:34 PM

I have not tried them but wanted to point out that RG3 makes a 4-post rubber mount you may want to check out.

Apparently it's not available for the WR450, only the YZ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KennyMc

Posted December 28, 2008 - 02:59 PM

Apparently it's not available for the WR450, only the YZ.

Have you talked to them? I know their website only has the YZ listed. I live about 2 miles from their shop and have had my suspension on my 07 WR450 done by them. I had asked them if they were working or thinking about working on a system that would allow for the undermounts scotts steering damper. Currently they don't. They said I should talk to scotts to see if they had anything that would work with their clamps so I assumed the clamps would work on my bike in the first place. I would give them a call to make sure.

• cadvette

Posted December 28, 2008 - 04:32 PM

I have a set of Applied Rubber mounted clamps on my 03 WR450. Needed to get them because my stockers were very bent. I didn't notice much reduction in the vibration but I can tell you that they are constructed to the highest quality. They have a very large clamping area for the forks that have 3 bolts and when installed and torqued to spec take a pretty good crash to get them to move. All of the WR stuff that mounts to the clamps mounted up great except the top brake line guide wich had to modified. Can't remember what I did but if you use these clamps and go to put guide back on you will figure out how you have to do it. Customer service when ordering was exelent. Ordered on line gave info and they called me at home to make sure that what I ordered was exactly what I needed.

• Navaho6

Posted December 29, 2008 - 02:44 PM

I have a set of Applied Rubber mounted clamps on my 03 WR450.

From what I've been able to find out so far, the '03's and older shared a similar triple clamp with the YZ. Haven't found any YZ clamps on anything newer WR's.

I'm still searching. It would be great if I could make the Pro Taper clamps work. They're suppose to be :busted:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.