Where does one go ridind around LA?

6 replies to this topic
  • thaddeus

Posted January 30, 2003 - 08:55 AM

hey all, I'm knew to the dirt scene, after about 5 years on the street. Just got an xr650 (I know, way to big for a starter dirt bike) and am looking to go play around in the dirt, and just get used to the traction, terain diffrences, and figgure out &%$#@! I'm doing. ;-) can anyone suggest areas around northern LA county, southern Ventura county where it's legal to ride. Seeing as how I'm no mx expert, I dont want to have to run from the cops like so many I see out there in my home town where it apears to be a crime to be offroad :)

thanks.

-- James

• qadsan

Posted January 30, 2003 - 09:15 AM

This link should give you a good start.

http://www.bokasmo.c...ornia/wildomar/

• loufish

Posted January 31, 2003 - 06:44 PM

You can try Gorman, that's close, maybe 45 minutes from Burbank, Cal City just out from Mojave has some good trails.
Just got back from Dove Springs (where I had a head on collision with some one who never saw me coming) there's fun riding up there... let me know if that helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lisa'sxr4

Posted February 03, 2003 - 06:08 AM

Thgere isn't too much really close to LA. But if your willing to drive 1-3 hours there is plenty to be found. The link provided earlier is great - used it a few times to find new riding areas. We enjoy Gorman, Johnson Valley, & after this past weekend Dove Springs/Jawbone.

We have also tried a spot in Menifee off the 215 at Ethanac. Variety of terrain and a small track. Great for a 1/2 to 3/4 day's ride. We saw folks riding off the 60 at Pyrite - but haven't been by to check it out.

Please check out the post about the Spring TT Ride in April - So Cal was going to meet at Hungry Valley (Gorman) but I think that may be changing!!

• TobCapone

Posted February 05, 2003 - 08:34 PM

Hey thaddeus,

If you want adventure come check out the Sierras on your BRP. Great stuff up here. I live in Mammoth and know lots and lots of the land.

I'd be happy to show anybody around if they're interested (don't even have to wait for the snow to go)

email me at PClark@mammoth-mtn.com

have fun,
Preston

• SWColo

Posted February 06, 2003 - 05:32 PM

my bike and I are tired of the cold Colorado winter...and a friend is ready to try his new WR450 out, so we are headed to Laughlin, Nevada in hopes of an open trail or two...anyone know of a website that may have a map of where to ride in that area? Thanks...

• IntenseRider

Posted February 07, 2003 - 04:29 AM

I was in Orange County this past weekend and my friends treated me to my first SoCal ride. We spent a few hours riding at El Mirage, and all I can say is that I still have a stupid, sh*t eating grin on my face! What a blast! It also marked the first time I had a chance to ride an XR650. I have an 03 250F, but that XR made my eyes water (100mph+)! I have a new found respect for you guys that go balls out across the desert on those things! At any rate, enjoy your new ride and think about us poor slobs stuck in the snow and 20 degree weather.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.