.500 kg/mm fork springs

5 replies to this topic
  • oldmanx

Posted December 27, 2008 - 08:24 AM

According to the Race Tech website spring calculator, I need .500 kg/mm fork springs. Race Tech shows .48 as being their heaviest available and Factory Connection shows .49 to be the heaviest that they make. Stock on a 04 wr450 is supposed to be a .46. I already have a pair of .48 springs. What is my best option...short of losing weight? Put in the .48's? Spring (pun) for the .49's? Or can I get .50's from another manufacturer?

• tribalbc

Posted December 27, 2008 - 08:28 AM

Eibach has the 0.5kg.
Just make sure you get the right model spring from Eibachs website.
The TR catalog has the wrong spring model listed for the WR.
I know I went through this :busted:

• bg10459

Posted December 27, 2008 - 09:05 AM

I got my .50 fork springs from MX Tech

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldmanx

Posted December 27, 2008 - 09:10 AM

Eibach has the 0.5kg.
Just make sure you get the right model spring from Eibachs website.
The TR catalog has the wrong spring model listed for the WR.
I know I went through this :busted:

I think what is wrong with the Eibach site is that they show '04 and '05 Wr's to use the same spring (p/n 969.###.#), with '03 being a different spring (p/n 981.###.#). Actually, the '04 uses the same spring as an '03. For the '03. .49 kg/mm is the heaviest listed.

Buying .49's and losing weight appears to be what I'm going to have to do...

• mikesbaron

Posted June 18, 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm looking for .49 springs for 03/04 WR450F. Looked at MX Tech and didn't see any? Ideas? Does anyone know if the TT store can get them? I know also Racetech only does up to .48.

• supastipa

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Mx Tech was the only place I could find offering fork springs over .49

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.